Re: Adding xterm-extras to Emacs

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Adding xterm-extras to Emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:40:54 +0100

On 2007-06-14 06:08 +0100, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   > I guess it made sense then, but now I encourage people to add such
>   > exhaustive keybinding to term/xterm.el.  Ideally, part of the contents of
>   > term/xterm.el should be auto-generated from the source code (or the doc)
> of
>   > the xterm program, so we can be sure we're complete and up-to-date.
>
> I don't think that the docs or the source code are too amenable to
> automatic analysis (although I would love to be proven wrong in
> practice).
>
> I will start adding M-S- bindings when I have some free time to play
> with this. If people can point out what other bindings should be added
> that would be very helpful. Any help/patches are more than welcome.

I have installed the newest xterm.el and now it seems M-S- key bindings
work in xterm.

However, C-S- and C-M- still don't.

FWIW,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

=>             "(require 'cl) considered harmful" considered harmful
=>           http://dto.freeshell.org/blog/blog-2007-09-07-2323.html