Re: un-deprecating CL

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: un-deprecating CL
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:05:05 -0400

> It is added complexity that we don't need.  To add them to standard
> Emacs Lisp functions would call for documenting them with great
> importance.

But defcustom, make-hash-table, define-derived-mode,
make-network-process, etc all use keyword arguments as far as I can

It isn't clear to me what you mean by "documenting them with great

> It is one thing to have `function*' and `defun*' in a compatibility
> package.  It is quite another to give them legitimacy in Emacs Lisp.

For whatever it's worth, I would not describe CL as a compatibility
package. The manual's overview says that it is designed to make Emacs
Lisp programming more convenient. (The part on porting Common Lisp
code is Appendix D.)

David O'Toole