RE: mouse-autoselect-window

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:46:15 -0700

> I just renamed w32-focus-frame to x-focus-frame, as it breaks the
> policy to keep the same name when the interfaces don't change between
> platforms, and thus unnecessarily complicates code like the above.

Shouldn't it be renamed to `focus-frame'? Don't we usually drop the `x-' for
the generic name, as in `color-defined-p' vs `x-color-defined-p'?

I see, however, that there was previously a function `focus-frame', and it
is now declared obsolete. This could invite confusion, I'm afraid, now
matter how we choose the name, as long as it contains "focus-frame". Oh
well...

BTW, where is x-focus-frame defined? I don't see it in frame.el or frame.c.
(I can see w32-focus-frame defined in w32fns.c.)