Re: GNUS bug: Summary line doesn't match article

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: GNUS bug: Summary line doesn't match article
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:47:04 +0200

Nelson Ferreira <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Sascha" == Sascha Wilde <address@hidden>  wrote:
>   Sascha> address@hidden (Johan Bockgård) wrote:
>   >> Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:
>   >>> in some Newsgroups (especially those with much unread messages, but
>   >>> this might just be an coincidence) while reading a thread I get
>   >>> articles displayed, which are totally unrelated and certainly don't
>   >>> match the active line in the summary buffer.
[...]
> I experienced that on gnus.emacs.general on news.individual.net, but

So I'm not alone!  :-)
FWIW: in my case the problem occurs with news.individual.net, too.
So the phenomenon _might_ be related to the server.

> went away after I catch-up the group.

In my case, too.  But if I look at the old articles (using C-u M-g) I
can still see it -- or to put it in the way I feel: I still can't read
certain threads.

> I assumed it might have been some mismatch between the nntp server
> article ordering and gnus, but maybe it is a bug.

In any case the interesting question would be, what is the cached
information, which leads to this problem and is there an way to purge
it?

cheers
Sascha
--
Sascha Wilde

If you think technology can solve your problems you don't understand
technology and you don't understand your problems.  (Bruce Schneier)