Re: tty control sequences

From: evilborisnet
Subject: Re: tty control sequences
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 17:26:02 -0400

From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>

address@hidden writes:

> There was some discussion on this list of this, but I thought it was
 > resolved.

A possible solution has been determined, but no fix has been checked
in yet.

Thanks.  I find it does not do this predictably.  For example, whether
running it within/outside screen may matter.  Last couple of times I
tried it it worked ok inside of screen, but failed outside of screen
(I am referring to where I run emacsclient).  Might be a timing issue,
as mentioned in an earlier thread.

 > Also, when I try to suspend with C-z, I get a "suspended (signal)"
 > message priinted in a seemingly random place across the screen,
> followed by the prompt (possibly on the next line), and only then
the
 > cursor moves to the bottom of the screen.

I can't reproduce this. Can you please send a precise description on
how you get this starting from "emacs -Q"?

Start emacs any way you like (I tried emacs-cvs from console,
or emacs-cvs -nw from a putty running remotely).  Now go to another
window (I tried another putty, or another screen (or whatever it is called) in screen), and type /path/to/emacslient -t. Now issue a C-z in it and I see
what I described.  Sometimes.  I cannot reproduce it reliably now.
It happens occasionally, though.

--Boris