[Fwd: Frame Height Different for Default Frame and Additional Frames]

From: martin rudalics
Subject: [Fwd: Frame Height Different for Default Frame and Additional Frames]
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 23:12:02 +0200

From: Rocco Pigneri <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

 > 1. Put the following line in your .emacs file:
 >
 > (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(height . 57))
 >
 > 2. Start a new instance of Emacs.  Note the height of the frame.
 >
 > 3. Press C-x 5 2 to create a new frame.  You will notice that this new frame
 > is three lines longer than the old one.

I can confirm that behavior with Emacs -Q (EMACS_22_BASE) on Windows ME.
Is this something that can be fixed or something that should be added to
~/etc/PROBLEMS ?  Note that the behavior violates the description from
the Elisp manual

 -- Variable: default-frame-alist
     This is an alist specifying default values of frame parameters for
     all Emacs frames--the first frame, and subsequent frames.  When ...