Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 44, Issue 41

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 44, Issue 41
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 22:29:12 -0400

> So have I, but I don't think it's specific enough.  Current with
> respect to what?  It's too easy to look at "current revision" and
> think it must refer to the head or tip version

No, the head revision is called "head".

> I actually share your preference for "revision" over "version", BTW.
> But one thing at a time; let's get the logic merge done and save
> things like performance tuning and bikeshedding about the terminology
> for later.

Sure, but the current vc.el uses the two inconsistently  anyway, so we get
to change it little by little without making things worse.  I.e. whenever we
introduce new terminology, we can use the "right" one without regards to
what vc.el has used until now.

        Stefan