Re: Improving X selection?

From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard
Subject: Re: Improving X selection?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:22:46 -0400

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <address@hidden> writes:
>> Perhaps the only real solution for me is to write a program that
>> effectively copies the text in PRIMARY to the CLIPBOARD,

> This is what klipper does in KDE.

Thanks for letting me know.  (I assume this is just one of several
functions performed by klipper.)

I actually don't think I'll be able to use klipper, though, I'd like to
avoid any KDE dependences, and I'd want it to be entirely controlled
from keyboard commands.  I think it would be fairly easy, though, to
write a script that uses xclip to do this job.

--
Jeremy Maitin-Shepard