Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 23:10:58 +0200

On Tue, Oct 02 2007, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Have you tried running the latest Gnus in the current trunk Emacs?
> Does it work?

I run latest Gnus trunk and EMACS_22_BASE.  Several others use Gnus
trunk and Emacs trunk.  I don't expect major problems.

On Thu, Oct 04 2007, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     I believe so.  However, I stop using Gnus for daily work and I can't
>     tell whether there are really issues about PGG or not.  Reiner Steib
>     and Katsumi Yamaoka also said that they rarely use Gnus' PGP
>     functions.

I have made the required changes in Gnus trunk (revert PGG to the
version in Emacs) on 2007-10-03; no complains yet.

> Install the new version and we will see if there are any problems.

I assume you refer to the new Gnus version here (i.e. sync Gnus trunk
to Emacs trunk).  This could be done now, when someone finds time to
do it.

> Also, by and by we will install EasyPG.  We want to do this.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)