Re: 23.0.50; on Windows, M-x display-time-world shows the same, incorrec

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; on Windows, M-x display-time-world shows the same, incorrect, time for all cities
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 00:46:21 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Thanks for reporting this.  If no one beats me to it, I will work on
> fixing it in a few days.

I added an entry to etc/PROBLEMS already. I don't think it can be fixed
easily - there appear to be multiple problems beyond just the timezone
name, including the fact that standard libraries on Windows only read
the TZ environment variable on startup, and that the system clock on
Windows is kept as localtime so changes to the timezone have a different
effect than on systems that use UTC for the system clock.