Re: Another VC terminology change?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Another VC terminology change?
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 03:27:20 -0400

      But that proposal has trouble in the details:
    > if we use the terms "VC fileset" and "fileset", it sounds like the
    > former is a special case of the latter.
    >
    > Can you modify it to solve the problem?

    That's easy.  The real difference isn't between "used in VC" and elsewhere,
    it's in the lifetime and source of the fileset.

I think that would be a confusing way to describe the situation.
These two "kinds of filesets" are different data types, with totally
different commands.