byte compiler warnings when bootstrapping

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: byte compiler warnings when bootstrapping
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 00:38:18 -0700

When bootstrapping the number of byte compiler warnings is huge.

A few bugs could have been caught earlier if the problematic warnings
would have been easier to find.

Wouldn't it be better if an effort would be made to get rid of most
(if not all) the warnings?

To get rid of some of the "function is not known to be defined"
warnings it would be good if we had a way to tell the byte compiler
to not warn about a function not being defined.

With that and with adding a few more (eval-when-compile (require 'blah))
we should be able to get rid of most warnings.

Is this a worthy goal? Opinions?