Re: recent changes to org files

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: recent changes to org files
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:54:41 +0200

On Oct 23, 2007, at 1:44 PM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

On 10/23/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

No, I am not saying anything like this.

Then please interpret this for me:

If I would follow Stefan' advice and only check in diffs,
the `next-line' code would be broken now.

Stefan said in an earlier message:

To me the rule goes as follows: I only install patches, not files.
That usually takes core of those problems: if the author's version disagrees
with the CVS version I get a conflict when I try to apply the patch.

I was referring to this statement. It is not enough to install only patches,
I also need to actively monitor changes that are made by others.  There
would have been no conflict when checking in a patch with my latest modifications.

- Carsten