Re: recent changes to org files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: recent changes to org files
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:50:14 -0400

    Changing next-line to forward-line would *not* be such a kind of
    change, were not for the fact that, in this specific case, it was a
    mistake. A pretty small one.

Someone was trying to get rid of uses of `next-line' in Emacs Lisp
programs.  He made a mistake in the process, something we all do.

However, changing org-mode along with lots of other programs is not
generally wrong.  When there is a general change in conventions, or a
general maintenance activity like "Let's get rid all those compiler
warnings", it would be ridiculous to ask the maintainer of every
package about some tiny change.  We could not get these general
changes done, if we had to do that.