Re: region-active-p

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: region-active-p
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 10:27:35 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> I propose to add an optional argument NONEMPTY to region-active-p
>> which means "return nil if the region is empty".  How about it?
>
> I expect the opposite makes more sense:
> This is because in most cases we've seen we want to treat empty regions as
> inactive.

I agree, but is this sufficiently compatible with xemacs?

[I don't think they actually have strictly the same behavior -- if the use
of empty regions is vanishingly rare, then who cares...]

-Miles

--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research