bug tracking (was: address@hidden: 23.0.50; VC; log-view-diff -> vc-vers

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: bug tracking (was: address@hidden: 23.0.50; VC; log-view-diff -> vc-version-diff undefined])
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:42:10 +0100

On Mon, Oct 29 2007, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Are you trying to suggest I ought not to have sent the message
> yesterday, because I should have REMEMBERED seeing those messages?

No, I just tried to say that I would have ACKed to your initial
reminder if I had seen it.

The only suggestion with regard to your reminders is that it might be
useful to reply to the original message instead of forwarding it.
(IIRC Stefan also suggested it some time ago.)  Thus, your reminder
messages would include the Message-ID of the original mail in the
References header, which would allow (at least Gnus users[1]) to jump
to the original very easily (`^' = gnus-summary-refer-parent-article)
instead of searching for subject and/or author.

If you can't use reply instead of forward, you might include the
Message-ID in the forward headers.

[1] People who don't use Gnus may enter the MID like this
    <http://thread.gmane.org/address@hidden>
    in their web browser (clicking on "Subject:" in the article frame
    leads to the complete thread).

> If the bug is already fixed, please answer the message saying so.
> That is the way to inform my bug tracking system to "close the ticket".

I will do.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,