Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:58:31 +0000

>     What about this new keybinding:
>
>       C-x _ `shrink-window'
>
> I don't think it is worth using up a key for that.
> You can do this now with negative args to `enlarge-window',
> and I think that is good enough for a command tha's not used
> all that often.

Sorry to insist on this, but Emacs has also these two keybindings:

  C-x {  shrink-window-horizontally
  C-x }  enlarge-window-horizontally

I find it weird to have a keybinding for `shrink-window-horizontally'
and not for `shrink-window', which is more fundamental.  Especially
because the default split (C-x 2) is horizontal, thus calling for
vertical resizing.

--
Bastien