Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 02:13:14 +0100

On 11/1/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> That seems basically good, but using other characters
> such as arrow keys would be an improvement.

I'm not so sure. "n"arrow or "w"iden are independent of whether the
window is going to be sized by its left or right border, while "->" or
"<-" would depend on it. In other words, "n" and "w" are
window-centric, while the cursor keys would be border-centric.

> / and \ could be good for vertical size changes
> and [,] for horizontal; they don't need a shift key.

/ is S-7 and \ is AltGr-ยบ in a Spanish keyboard...

             Juanma