RE: Fill paragraph in doc string and \\{somekeymap}

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Fill paragraph in doc string and \\{somekeymap}
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 18:12:36 -0800

> >> Filling too should be separate from \\[...] etc. In my own
> >> uses of these, for instance, I don't think there is one
> >> occurrence where I want to fill the text of the current
> >> paragraph. Why assume that there is a connection between
> >> these two things?
> >
> > If you have a docstring with something like this:
> >
> >   par 1 bla blah bla
> >
> >   \\{keymap}
> >   par 2 bla blah bla
> >
> > Then I believe you should be able to fill both the first and the second
> > paragraph. Don't you?

I believe you should be able to fill any paragraph you like.
And \\{keymap} and the others should not fill anything.
There is no necessary relation between the two things.

Maybe you are looking for a way to somehow indicate, in a doc string, that a
paragraph should be filled when the string is displayed. That is a request
that's not unreasonable. But that has nothing to do with \\{keymap}, which
should not impose filling.