Re: Info-copy-current-node-name readability

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Info-copy-current-node-name readability
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 02:46:31 +0200

>>    any objections to this small change to add a space
>>    between the filename and nodename?
>>
>>     before -- "(elisp)Documentation Tips"
>>      after -- "(elisp) Documentation Tips"
>>
>>    seems to me more readable this way.
>>
>> Yes.  This is about copying and pasting, not about readability.
>
> I think ttm was talking about readability of the text into which you
> paste the reference to the Info node.

It seems one reason to use this format in the text with Info references is
because the node name is already displayed with a space in the mode-line,
e.g.:

--:%%-  *info* (elisp) Documentation Tips    Top (1,0)    (Info Narrow)---
                      ^
                  space

So this format will be the same in the mode-line and in text references.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/