Re: recent changes to display code

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: recent changes to display code
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:15:26 -0500

    I see the problem too.  What bug is this redisplay change supposed to
    fix, and why is it in EMACS_22_BASE as opposed to the trunk?

It is meant to fix the problem that Joe Wells reported with overlay
properties.  I put it in Emacs 22 because these bugs were reported for
Emacs 22.  But I agree we should move it into the trunk.  Would
you please do that?

I'm surprised that this change affected any behavior.  It was only
supposed to make the argument OVERLAY available to
face_for_overlay_string.  I will take another look to see what might
have caused such a problem.

I wonder if there is some hidden constraint on the order of fields in
`struct it'.