Re: Carbon port vs. Emacs.app plus Emacs.app problem report w/test-case

From: Mike Mattie
Subject: Re: Carbon port vs. Emacs.app plus Emacs.app problem report w/test-case
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:45:28 -0800

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 07:54:47 -0600
Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 05:19:50 -0800 Mike Mattie <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> MM> On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 21:29:56 +0900
> MM> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >> In article <address@hidden>, CHENG Gao
> >> <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]

> I think you should submit this to the Emacs.app mailing list,
> emacs-devel is unlikely to help you.  The home page has the pointers.
>
> http://emacs-app.sourceforge.net/
>
> Ted

Thanks for the reply. I must admit that from the user's standpoint
the situation is incredibly confusing. There are multiple forks/ports
to OS X on sourceforge alone. Trying to figure out which one
will be GNU Emacs on OS X, and worth investing maintenance, learning,
customization, and debugging time into is difficult. They are all
significantly different.

At least from my perspective picking one would be fantastic, even if
buggy, as I would not be juggling a bunch of dead forks. Debugging
problems and submitting reports to a future-less project is a waste
of life.

just my 2 cents from the peanut gallery.

Cheers,
Mike Mattie