Re: recenter-top-bottom

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: recenter-top-bottom
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 02:41:31 +0200

> Any interest in this or something like it? I bind it to `C-l' in place
> of `recenter'. If there is interest, then perhaps `recenter' itself
> could have this behavior (but the frame redisplay behavior might need
> to be taken into account).

I think there should be an option to toggle this behavior for users who type
C-l repeatedly just to redraw the frame.  And also an option to change
the default position of the center of the window where C-l puts point
when it is typed the first time.  The middle of the window is not always
the preferable position, and I use my own version of C-l that puts point
at appr. 1/3 of the window height.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/