RE: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:55:01 -0800

> The last version do this: when pop-up-frames is `nil' don't exit the
> loop.  When pop-up-frames is `t', exit the loop.  Is that ok?

Yes. Sorry, I was looking at the previous version. Looks good.

However, there is a new bug (at least in Emacs 22.1.1): `q' in *Help* no
longer quits help-mode. This is likely a `help-mode' or a `view-mode' bug,
not a bug in your code - `q' in `help-mode' is notorious for not doing the
right thing. At least with `pop-up-frames' non-nil and your code, `q' in
*Help* does nothing at all.

Martin was working on similar `View-quit' bugs; I don't know if this one is
fixed in CVS. Perhaps someone with the latest Emacs can test this using
window-edit.el and non-nil `pop-up-frames'.

BTW, byte-compiling window-edit.el gives this warning:

window-edit.el:219:22:Warning: variable assignment to nonvariable `""'

The line in question is this:

(ring-insert-at-beginning window-configuration-ring wcf0)

Anyone have an idea what this is about? The message doesn't seem too
helpful.