Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 01:05:51 +0000

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. Could you allow the same keys to select a different window
> that users bind in .emacs?  I.e. additonally to the `o' key
> you provide just look to which keys `other-window' is bound
> (using `(where-is-internal 'other-window)') and accept the same
> keys in window-edit mode for selecting a different window.

Excellent, I'll do this.

> 2. A key to abort changes and restore the initial window
> configuration (for example, like in wdired `C-c ESC'
> to abort changes, and `C-c C-c' to accept changes).

I am not sure to understand this: you can already restore the initial
configuration by pressing `r' repeatedly until you reach this config.

Maybe we could save the initial configuration separately and restore it
with a dedicated key like `_'.

Or better: only validate the visible window configuration (with last
changes) if the user quit the mode with C-c C-c.  If the user quit the
mode with C-g or q (or C-c ESC), then the initial configuration will be
restored.

What do you think?

--
Bastien