Re: Need help with a simple macro to define a new function

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: Need help with a simple macro to define a new function
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:52:30 -0800 (PST)

>           (new-sym (make-symbol new-name)))

Surely you want the new symbol to be interned, so that it can be read?
Then you want (intern new-name).  (This also allows you to re-use an
existing "new-foo" symbol if it exists, which again you surely want.)

> I expected a new function named new-forward-char, but that did not happen.

What happened instead?  Perhaps you simply mean that (fboundp
'new-forward-char) was nil afterwards, which would be a result of your
uninterned symbol.  But maybe you mean something else?

Davis

shipping.