Re: internal handling of buffer-local variables

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: internal handling of buffer-local variables
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:31:54 -0500

> I wonder if you just found the reason why my old patch
> for frame-local-variables caused strange lossage.

Could be.  I suspect that the patch I installed yesterday

        * data.c (swap_in_global_binding): Fix longstanding bug where
        store_symval_forwarding was not called with the right second argument,
        thus causing objfwd-ing from being dropped.

may also be related (if you ignore the patch I suggested in this thread,
swap_in_global_binding is only called from some frame-local handling code).

        Stefan