Re: 23.0.60; Comint:no process

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Comint:no process
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 08:01:00 -0500

    "M-x shell" brings up shell buffer with no shell process and message
    "comint-exec-1: No process started"

    Modeline reads "Comint:no process"

This doesn't fail for me, after I set explicit-shell-file-name
to "/bin/zsh".  It starts up ok.

To help us reproduce the problem, could you please post a *precise*
test case for this bug?

The test case should start with `emacs -q', so that your .emacs file
does not affect it, and it should show exactly what text to put in the
buffer, what commands to execute, and how and where to click.