Re: macosx(carbon): slow keyboard responsiveness bug fix

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: macosx(carbon): slow keyboard responsiveness bug fix
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 01:52:05 +0800

A quick followup to this:

I tried again and added

,----
|   add_keyboard_wait_descriptor (0);
`----

to mac_term_init (macterm.c) right before

,----
| #if USE_CG_DRAWING
|   mac_init_fringe (terminal->rif);
| #endif
`----

then I did "make" instead of "make bootstrap" (since only macterm.c is
changed).

Now emacs runs different from before.

Though I need wait for several seconds to see what I input, I never see
crazy-running busy mouse. I should say it makes me feel better.

Did I add
,----
| add_keyboard_wait_descriptor (0);
`----
to wrong place? Or should I add something like
,----
| add_keyboard_wait_descriptor (1 or 99999999999 or
some-magic-numero-Dieu-sais-seulement);
`----

Any guru can give me a clue? I feel I am just one step away from a
usable emacs-unicode-2 build under MacOSX. TIA!

--
Totus mundus agit histrionem