Re: isearch-buffers-minor-mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch-buffers-minor-mode
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 21:11:05 +0200

> Please permit a small feature request before bug-report below.
>
> Editing several shell-sripts, I have to watch dependencies while
> changing names. So your mode will permit a quick look through. OTOH
> while running the scripts, checking the result etc. lot of others
> buffer will be opened.
>
> Thus I look for a selecting-method, a `add-to-isearch-buffers-list'
> function. May you provide this?

There is a special variable `isearch-buffers-next-buffer-function' that
can contain a user-defined function.  It is dynamic by nature.  When more
buffers are opened, it can find them all, when you implement an
appropriate algorithm in this function.

> BTW concerning the possible bug: can't see where now buffers-list is
> taken...
>
> M-x isearch-buffers-minor-mode
>
> from scratch-buffer with content  "foo bar load"
>
> C-s load
>
> failed to switch to *Messages*, where another "load" could be found.
>
> Error message was: "isearch-buffers-wrap: Symbol's function definition is
> void: nil"
>
> Below the contents of  *Messages* so far:

Do you try to search all buffers?  This functionality is not yet implemented.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/