RE: Emacs 22.1 Windows ClearType Support

From: Ng, Andrew
Subject: RE: Emacs 22.1 Windows ClearType Support
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:24:56 -0500

Part of the reason that I needed a way to enable ClearType in Emacs is that by
default I actually have ClearType disabled on my system. The reason for this is
that I have a two LCD monitor setup but unfortunately, the two LCD monitors RGB
order do not match. This effectively means that ClearType looks great on one
display and not so good on the other. That's one thing Microsoft obviously
didn't consider when implementing the ClearType support.

Because I mostly use Emacs on the one LCD monitor, I explicitly enable
ClearType in Emacs.

Cheers,

Andrew