Re: flymake-display-err-menu-for-current-line does not work under -nw

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
Subject: Re: flymake-display-err-menu-for-current-line does not work under -nw
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 01:17:33 +0000

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'll have to check out doing this via overlays. I don't find any mention
>> of after-text or before-text in the Emacs sources however.
>
> Sorry, it should be 'after-string and 'before-string (but I do not
> think using them here will be very good).
>
>   (info "(elisp) Overlay Properties")

Thanks, I'll check out overlays.

>>> Maybe it is better to check use-dialog-box?
>>
>> I'm sorry but I don't understand, to do what? Check if we should use
>> flymake-display-err-menu-for-current-line?
>
> I thought you said that popup menus are not supported always. I
> believe use-dialog-box should be nil if they are not (or if the user
> does not want popup messages).

They're actually (x-popup-menu)'s that are not affected by the
use-dialog-box variable. It only applies to (message-or-box) and
(y-or-n-p).

I don't think (message-or-box) can be used here since the current
implementation presents a selector. Although I haven't seen it do
anything useful myself when using flymake with C and Perl.