Re: bug in international/latexenc.el: latexenc-coding-system-to-inputenc

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: bug in international/latexenc.el: latexenc-coding-system-to-inputenc
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 10:24:51 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  > > From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
  > > Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 07:59:40 -0800
  > > Cc: address@hidden
  > >
  > > "David Rideout" <address@hidden> writes:
  > >
  > >   > I enclose the tex file and enough of the CVS/ subdirectory to
  > >   > reproduce the error.
  > >   > Indeed the error seems to depend upon the contents of the tex file.
  > >
  > > international/latexenc.el:latexenc-coding-system-to-inputenc
  > > `coding-system-base' gets called with a nil argument.
  >
  > Why is that? is it because the argument of
  > latexenc-coding-system-to-inputenc is nil?  Otherwise, I don't see how
  > it can happen; maybe I'm missing something.

My bad (didn't check the results of M-/ properly whey typing this
message), the call to coding-system-base is from:
latexenc-find-file-coding-system

The files needed to reproduce this were attached in a message in this
thread, so you could try this. I don't know enough about coding systems
to debug this myself.