Re: always put Customizations in `custom-file', never in `user-init-file

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: always put Customizations in `custom-file', never in `user-init-file'
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:39:54 +0000 (UTC)

   ... you can keep on editing everything, including custom-set-faces,
   in your .emacs.

Except I don't always edit custom-set-faces in my .emacs.  Sometimes I
use a customize interface.

As I said, I find fonts and faces confusing.  When I first set a face
-- even after putting more than a hundred in my custom-set-faces
expression in my .emacs -- I often use the less efficient interface
that reminds me what to do.  That is a great advantage of that
non-programming interface.  It is especially important since I seldom
make changes often enough to remember all the options.  However, when
I change the face (or many faces all at once), I generally edit my
.emacs file.

   A proposal that Customize not save stuff to .emacs will not affect
   you if you don't use Customize.

... which does not help me because I sometimes use the non-programming
customize interface rather than the programming Customize interface.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden