Re: desktop.el: autosave?

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: desktop.el: autosave?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 00:50:37 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Richard Stallman wrote:

   There are many packages in Emacs that have similar functionality.
   But there are no problems with that.  Every package has its own users.

Actually I wish we had fewer duplicate packages.  They are added complexity.

When duplications have existed for a long time we don't have to get
rid of the duplicates, but I would like to make one of them clearly
superior, so it can be the only one we recommend.

So what do you think about this case? Presumably one of desktop and savehist-mode should be marked as the preferred way of saving history.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | poetry, n.  platitude made obscure