Re: Uninformative comment in files.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Uninformative comment in files.el
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:49:39 -0500

    Maybe it would.  Or maybe the package knows how to deal with that (it
    wants the overlay to cover the whole buffer, for instance, and sets the
    marker's advance-after property appropriately) or it just needs to keep
    the overlay-buffer info to know in which buffer is the overlay.

Those are pretty silly ways to use an overlay.  I won't say it is inconceivable
that any package does this, but I think it is not sufficient reason
to forego fixing this problem.