Re: 23.0.60; Crash with enabled font backend

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Crash with enabled font backend
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:12:13 +0100

Am 17.12.2007 um 03:38 schrieb Kenichi Handa:

It seems that this is a bug of Xft or fontconfig library on
Apple.

OK, I'll report this to Apple. I am quite sure that nothing will happen, because Mac OS X 10.4, Tiger, has been superseded by 10.5, Leopard ...

Anyway, in early autumn it worked to use the font-backend. The result was not overwhelming since I was not able to produce a font look that pleased me and documentation was so sparse. So I gave up, and was convinced I've done the right thing when in November I could only produce crashing Emacsen with enabled font-backend. This time I made it use GTK, and I then changed environment to use as much as possible Apple libraries (except libncurses, as I can see now; from Fink I have libfreetype.6.3.10.dylib while Apple supplies with X11 libfreetype.6.3.dylib), but the problem remains the same: GNU Emacs keeps crashing.

--
Greetings

  Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
                                - Jeremy S. Anderson