Re: Bug in nxml-mode (indentation)?

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: Re: Bug in nxml-mode (indentation)?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:05:05 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Is the nxml-mode way of indenting vs xml-mode in this particular
>>> example to be considered a bug?
>
>> Space can be significant (i.e. can convey meaning) in XML and there is
>> no way to figure out what the space means just from the snippets you've
>> given.
>
> But this problem you bring up is about whether to auto-indent or not,
> not about *how* to auto-indent.  I.e. it's unrelated to the OP's problem.

I was just pointing out that there was no reason to consider it a bug.
Unless you think that different XML modes indenting differently is a
bug.  That is, afaik, there is no canonical XML indention.

--
http://hexmode.com/
GPG Fingerprint: 7E15 362D A32C DFAB E4D2  B37A 735E F10A 2DFC BFF5

My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in
inverse proportion to my expectations.  -- Michael J. Fox