Re: C-u prefix behavior of TAB broken

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: C-u prefix behavior of TAB broken
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:19:02 +0200

> I also made `region-active-p' do the same thing it does in XEmacs.

What is the purpose of `region-active-p' in Emacs?  Is it only for
compatibility with XEmacs?  If so, then it seems it is not necessary
since compatibility code checks for (featurep 'xemacs) and as I see
now also for a new function (fboundp 'use-region-p).

> The function to check whether a command should operate on the region
> instead of whatever it normally does is now called `use-region-p'.

Perhaps a better function name could start with the `region-...' prefix
for consistency with other related functions.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/