Re: VC-Dired now lists unregistered files, marked with "?"...

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: VC-Dired now lists unregistered files, marked with "?"...
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:10:08 -0500

    On the other hand...I'm working on a survey paper on VCSes right now,
    The directory includes a small handful of registered files, and several
    subdirectories that are VCS source trees I'm keeping around for reference.
    Displaying all of the several thousand unregistered files in those trees
    in terse mode just swamps the real information (I tried it that way).

It sounds like we really want to let the user choose to show or hide
the unregistered files.

Or perhaps a way of sorting that puts the registered files at the top.