Re: (fn ...) - please fill it at the point of generation

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: (fn ...) - please fill it at the point of generation
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 02:26:05 +0900

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
>> It's really not part of the doc string as such, it's an interface
>> description.
>
> That's a good feint. This part of the doc string isn't right, so to fix
> things we'll just say it's not part of the doc string.

No, it was always intended as a function signature, not a text string
for display.  It's put into the _raw_ docstring because that's a
convenient place to put it, but it is intended that this be filtered
appropriately for display.

> Oh, you mean where you simply declare it not to be part of the doc string?

No, the part where I tell you how things have been designed.

-Miles

--
`To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to,
 all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson