Re: (fn ...) - please fill it at the point of generation

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: (fn ...) - please fill it at the point of generation
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 02:59:53 +0100

() "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
() Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:04:22 -0800

   It makes the distinction you speak of only after the fact,

it makes the distinction at the time the distinction matters.

   And no, a string is not a good representation of a data
   structure with two components. I agree that it can be better to
   have a single data structure for this, with two components (doc
   and signature), but a string is not a good choice for such a
   structure.

we have text and we have other objects inside emacs.  outside of
emacs, we don't have other objects (at least, not in the same way
as inside emacs).  simulating them w/ text is the next best thing
when crossing the boundary.

   `help-split-fundoc'. I wasn't aware of it.

me neither.  i'm glad you found it's name.

thi