Re: Commit practices

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Commit practices
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:44:07 +0100

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Miles Bader <address@hidden>:
>> >
>> > If by "VCS" you mean "VC mode", it does that now.
>>
>> Is there a user interface to this functionality other than vc-directory
>> mode?
>
> No.  Do you need one?

I think so.  I have previously used PCL-CVS for this.  I don't know
whether vc-directory is now supposed to be a full-blown replacement for
PCL-CVS, but actually using PCL-CVS for this purpose already was a
crutch: it should not be necessary to acquire a VC directory listing
just for the purpose of being able to commit several files in one
commit.

Maybe C-x v i can be made to do this?  Expand its meaning from "register
new file" to "register the current file/state for the next commit"?