Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:29:47 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> To start using git, we need first get to the point the Linux kernel
> developers are at: lots of developers independently developing all
> kinds of extensions.  _And_ we need a head maintainer who works on
> nothing else but integration of features she likes into the product
> that is eventually released.

No we don't (how on earth did you reach that conclusion ?!).

Git, like most modern source control systems, is pretty much a
_superset_ of CVS, and can happily be used with a CVS-like "central
server" (where it still handily beats the pants of CVS in almost every
respect).

-Miles

--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen