Re: rfn-eshadow

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: rfn-eshadow
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 00:28:35 +0200

> I'm not in favour of this solution, because it introduces file name
> handling at a place we won't remember in the future. The clean way would
> be to add a file name handler, which offers its own implementation of
> substitute-in-file-name.

Actually, this is not a special URL handling, but a way to disable
handling of URLs by rfn-eshadow.  Or do you propose adding two
file name handlers to rfn-eshadow: one to handle all file names
(with a handler regexp ".*") and another to handle URLs?

> Doesn't exist something like this already in the url package?

`url-handler-mode' minor mode implements such a handling, but I'm not sure
we should enable it by default.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/