Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:58:26 +1300

 > The graphical improvements to GUD are nice, but as far as I can see, the new
 > features are limited to viewing GUD data.
 > The other things that could be added are being discussed, and I thought I'd
 > listed a couple of possibilities.
 >
 > project management (files & build)
 > bug tracking (see the other threads)
 > task management (planner.el, todo-mode, etc.)
 > code browsing (yes, it exists, but as add-ons)
 > manage window configurations (Eclipse calls them perspectives)
 > integrating profiling tools - and analyzing the results
 >

 > An IDE can be so much more than a debugger.

If you are offering to write code to do some of these tasks that's great.  If
not, then the danger of making the discussion so general is that it detracts
from the specific proposals and nothing gets done.  I think the priority must
be first to use a modern bug tracker and VCS for Emacs development.
Integrating these and other features into Emacs are more substantial tasks that
can be done when volunteers are found.