Re: 23.0.50; display property and continuation arrows

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; display property and continuation arrows
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:04:28 +0100

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 11:46:30 +0100 Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stephen Berman skrev:

>> [...]
>>> The bug == the appearance of an "empty" line.  Yes, the e in your screen
>>> shot.
>>
>> Ok, but in this case there is no "empty" line only if you apply the
>> display property with the cursor over the "s" following the space,
>> i.e. the cursor is on the third column.  But that's also so if you leave
>> the "e", so the presence of the space is irrelevant.
>
> That is not what I did.  I had the cursor over the space, in the
> second column.  Maybe word breaks and/or column width has something to
> do with this also.

Did you use the same recipe I gave in my OP, aside from the space?  With
that and the space I still get the "empty" line, so as you say there
must be some other difference.  When I do emacs -Q and eval
(frame-parameters), I get this:

((parent-id . 25170646)
 (explicit-name)
 (display . ":0")
 (visibility . t)
 (icon-name)
 (outer-window-id . "65011885")
 (window-id . "65011940")
 (top . 30)
 (left . 0)
 (buried-buffer-list)
 (unsplittable)
 (minibuffer . #<window 4 on  *Minibuf-0*>)
 (modeline . t)
 (width . 80)
 (height . 40)
 (name . "address@hidden")
 (environment)
 (background-mode . light)
 (display-type . color)
 (horizontal-scroll-bars . t)
 (window-system . x)
 (scroll-bar-width . 16)
 (cursor-type . box)
 (auto-lower)
 (auto-raise)
 (icon-type . t)
 (wait-for-wm . t)
 (title)
 (buffer-predicate)
 (tool-bar-lines . 1)
 (menu-bar-lines . 1)
 (scroll-bar-background . "grey75")
 (scroll-bar-foreground . "#000000")
 (right-fringe . 8)
 (left-fringe . 8)
 (line-spacing)
 (screen-gamma)
 (border-color . "black")
 (cursor-color . "#000000")
 (mouse-color . "#000000")
 (background-color . "#ffffff")
 (foreground-color . "#000000")
 (vertical-scroll-bars . left)
 (internal-border-width . 0)
 (border-width . 0)
 (font . "-*-fixed-medium-r-*--16-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-16"))

Do you have different values for relevant parameters (e.g. font)?

Steve Berman