Re: [Fwd: Frame Height Different for Default Frame and Additional Frames

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Frame Height Different for Default Frame and Additional Frames]
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:19:48 -0500

>     Did we already settle on a "right" way to do this?  Robert expressed the
>     desire to keep the number of text lines invariant.  ISTR others wanted
>     the size of the frame on the screen stay invariant.

> Ideally, the tool bar ought to work like the menu bar:
> turning it on or off should not affect the height of the text area.

Well, in my world, the The Right Thing is to not change the size of the
frame unless explicitly requested, so adding a toolbar or menubar should
reduce the amount of text displayed.

But clearly in other worlds, the convention is different (e.g. macosx
users probably expect the toolbar to change the size of the whole frame).

        Stefan