Re: Regression in WoMan

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Regression in WoMan
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 01:11:59 +0200

> Running WoMan on the attached file reveals a regression in
> EMACS_22_BASE: press TAB and the cursor jumps to the "#include
> <stdlib.h>" after the SYNOPSIS, press TAB again and it stays there.
>
> In Emacs 22.1, pressing TAB twice jumps to the "atof(3)" after the SEE
> ALSO near the end, further TABs cycle through the references.

This is caused by the 2007-06-04 change in man.el (Man-next-section)
discussed in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-05/msg00243.html
that ignores the last line of the man page as not belonging to
any section.  Your file doesn't contain the last line in the format that
contains the name of the current man page and a timestamp, so the last
section "SEE ALSO" gets ignored by Man-highlight-references.

It seems there was an invalid assumption that the last line should be
ignored unconditionally.  Maybe some additional check should take care
that the last line in the standard format (I can't find where it is
documented).

--
Juri Linkov http://www.jurta.org/emacs/