Re: Put hide-ifdef on menu-bar?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Put hide-ifdef on menu-bar?
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:45:25 -0700

>>>>> "Nick" == Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

Nick> Eclipse places many different markers in the fringe: compilation
Nick> error, bookmarks, TODO markers, etc.  We could do the same in
Nick> Emacs but that reminds me that it's currently not possible to
Nick> add a tooltip to such markers.  Perhaps this should be put in
Nick> TODO.

Also, Eclipse allows fringe elements which do not scroll with the
window contents.  This turns out to be pretty handy.

For instance you could show the user the visible area of the current
buffer (relative to the size of the whole buffer) as a different
background color.  In Eclipse you can see little blocks in the
right-hand fringe which represent errors, problems, etc, and you can
click them to jump to the corresponding point.

I don't think there is a way to do this in Emacs yet, either.

Tom